Specialist Wills

If you are considering having a family, or already have children, you should put in place a specialist Will.  This is even more important if you have an alternative family structure or your family was built through assisted conception.

If you (and/or your partner) unexpectedly die without a specialist Will, it could create all manner of legal problems and issues for your child, surviving parent and family, including:

  • Your child not being able to inherit from you as you would want or at all
  • Issues over who should become a Trustee to manage your money for your child’s benefit
  • Problems about who should be appointed your child’s legal guardians
  • Your partner or wider family not being able to inherit from you as you would want or at all

Whatever your personal situation, whether you are single, divorced, married, co-habiting, in a same-sex relationship or civil partnership, I can help you protect your child and family and put in place a specialist Will, including:

  • Wills for intended parents undertaking surrogacy
  • Wills for surrogate parents
  • Wills for single women conceiving through donor conception
  • Wills for same-sex couples where only one partner is a legal parent
  • Wills for heterosexual parents (married and unmarried)
  • Wills for co-parents

A specialist Will provides peace of mind and protection for the people you care most about in life. Contact me for more information by email louisa.ghevaert@michelmores.com or by telephone +44 (0)207 7886382.  You can also learn more about specialist wills, fertility treatment law, surrogacy law, donor conception, embryos, eggs and sperm, family law and disputes, adoption, posthumous conception and alternative family law at Michelmores’ specialist fertility, parenting and family law website www.michelmores.com/what-we-do/services/fertility-law.